Supernatural Sound is a two-studio facility that has contributed its sonic imprint to the music of the Northwest for the past 20 years. Artists including The Decemberists, The Shins, The Thermals, Bright Eyes, Isaac Brock, and Portugal. The Man, have sought creative refuge at our private, rural property that houses the most extensive collection of vintage and modern equipment in the Pacific Northwest.
Located 20 minutes from downtown Portland, Supernatural Sound is situated in a quiet, forested area that is free from distractions, and inspires musical productivity and creativity.
Supernatural’s equipment and recording spaces can be distinctly heard on albums like “The Hazards of Love” (The Decemberists) and “Wincing The Night Away” (The Shins), but the studios and environment must be seen to be fully appreciated. Get in touch to set up and studio tour and experience Supernatural Sound.
(Fall 2011 – Spring 2012)
- Recording and mixing the new Tango Alpha Tango album, and recently-released EP. (eng. by David Pollock)
- Recorded and mixed a single for Wild Ones (eng. by David Pollock)
- Set up a remote studio for Typhoon
- Recorded drums for LA band Sea Wolf‘s upcoming album on Dangerbird Records
- Recorded an album for Eric Earley (Blitzen Trapper) and Josh White